Subject: booting/install problems
To: None <port-sparc@netbsd.org>
From: None <mcmahill@mtl.mit.edu>
List: port-sparc
Date: 02/23/2001 11:55:06
I just installed a sparc 2 from the sparccd.iso image on ftp.netbsd.org.
The install seemed to go fine, but I can't boot from the hard drive.

/ is on sd0a
/usr is on sd1g
and both drives have swap on the b partition.

If I boot from the CD-ROM, I can mount / and /usr on /mnt and /mnt/usr and
everything looks intact, however trying to boot from hard drive I get:

SPARCstation 2, No Keyboard
ROM Rev. 2.4.1, 64 MB memory installed, Serial #4359672.
Ethernet address 8:0:20:11:4b:b9, Host ID: 554285f8.

Rebooting with command:
Boot device: /sbus/esp@0,800000/sd@3,0   File and args:
>> NetBSD/sparc Secondary Boot, Revision 1.9
>> (root@dora.int.purplei.com, Fri Aug 25 05:44:39 BST 2000)
Booting netbsd
open netbsd: No such file or directory
: trying netbsd.gz...
Booting netbsd.gz
open netbsd.gz: No such file or directory
: trying netbsd.old...
Booting netbsd.old
open netbsd.old: No such file or directory
: trying netbsd.old.gz...
Booting netbsd.old.gz
open netbsd.old.gz: No such file or directory
: trying onetbsd...
Booting onetbsd
open onetbsd: No such file or directory
: trying onetbsd.gz...
Booting onetbsd.gz
open onetbsd.gz: No such file or directory
: trying vmunix...
Booting vmunix
open vmunix: No such file or directory

device[/sbus/esp@0,800000/sd@3,0] ("halt" to halt): halt