Subject: Re: qfe support?
To: Rob Quinn <rquinn@sprint.net>
From: Jason Wright <jason@thought.net>
List: port-sparc
Date: 02/20/2001 16:55:25
On Tue, Feb 20, 2001 at 01:43:15PM -0500, Rob Quinn wrote:
>  http://www.netbsd.org/Ports/sparc/hardware.html says the qfe card is
> supported, though "not well tested". I don't see mention of it in the INSTALL
> or GENERIC conf files. How do I enable mine?
>
> #uname -rsmp
> NetBSD 1.5S sparc sparc
> #dmesg | grep qfe
> SUNW,qfe at sbus0 slot 1 offset 0x8c00000 level 4 (ipl 7) not configured
> SUNW,qfe at sbus0 slot 1 offset 0x8c10000 level 4 (ipl 7) not configured
> SUNW,qfe at sbus0 slot 1 offset 0x8c20000 level 4 (ipl 7) not configured
> SUNW,qfe at sbus0 slot 1 offset 0x8c30000 level 4 (ipl 7) not configured

It's just a matter of adding SUNW,qfe as another name for the sbus hme
driver to match.  Looks like it only matches this in NetBSD:
	SUNW,hme

OpenBSD driver matches:
	hme		# can't remember if this one is really necessary
	SUNW,hme	# Most of the single hme boards, some of the quad's
	SUNW,qfe	# some of the quad hme's (newer?)

I can't remember adding anything else when I added qfe support to OpenBSD.

--Jason L. Wright