Subject: Re: Problems with sparc floppy image No. 2
To: None <port-sparc@netbsd.org>
From: NetBSD Bob <nbsdbob@weedcon1.cropsci.ncsu.edu>
List: port-sparc
Date: 02/20/2001 13:51:40
> >I am having problems with the second boot floppy on a sparc system.
> >The first one boots fine, and the floppy is known good.  It says
> >tar and gzip can't find the correct header, and then it ejects the
> >floppy.  Is there something off with the sparc boot floppy No. 2,
> >or another boot image I should try?
>
> Which version?  I just used the pair for 1.5 on a Sparc IPC yesterday
> with no problems.

Mine is an SS1.

The straight 1.5 floppies from ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD-1.5/sparc/....

The original error was:

  tar: Invalid header, starting valid header search
  gzip: failed gzclose: Undefinded error: 0

I reloaded the floppies and reinstalled, and now it is panicing.
Back to OpenBSD and it is loading fine.  My machine just does not
like NetBSD.  My IPX did the same thing, and it now runs OpenBSD.
Oh, well....

Thanks

Bob