Subject: Re: compact 1 mouse
To: None <port-sparc@netbsd.org>
From: Sebastian Marius Kirsch <skirsch@moebius.inka.de>
List: port-sparc
Date: 02/19/2001 23:45:18
On Mon, Feb 19, 2001 at 01:20:26PM -0800, Chris Baron (staff) (free) wrote:
> will a Compact-1 mouse (370-1586-03) work with a type 5c keyboard
> (320-1234-01)?

As far as I can make out, compact1 mouses and type5 mouses are exactly
the same. Furthermore, everything between type4 and type5 is pretty much
interchangeable; I've run wild combinations between type4/5/compact1
keyboards and type4/5/compact1/mouse system mouses on sun4c and sun4m
systems.

But with a compact1 keyboard, it's of course much more worthwhile. Why
waste desk space with that silly number block which you never need
anyway? Now I just need to find an optical type5 mouse (I have one, but
the micro switches are busted -- literally -- so I'll have to see
whether I can replace them.) (Yes, I am a peripherals fetishist. What?
My PS/2 keyboard? You can have it when you pry it from my cold, dead
hands!)

--
Yours, Sebastian Kirsch <skirsch@moebius.inka.de>

O is for OLIVE run through with an awl