Subject: netbooting
To: None <port-sparc@netbsd.org>
From: Matt Herzog <mherzog@mediaone.net>
List: port-sparc
Date: 02/18/2001 18:51:32
Hi. I have managed to make some progress
with netbooting my Sparc10 from an i386.
Both machines are running NetBSD-1.5.
At one point I had the machine booting
to something like single user mode but
was never presented with a login: prompt.

On the server, /etc/exports looks like this:
/export/numbat/root -alldirs -maproot=0 -network 10
/export/numbat/root -maproot=root:wheel    numbat
/export/numbat/swap -maproot=root:wheel    numbat
/export/numbat/usr  -maproot=nobody:nobody numbat
/export/numbat/home -maproot=nobody:nobody numbat
/opt -maproot=nobody:nobody numbat

In the client's filesystem, /etc/hosts does contain
the line
pobble  10.0.2.1
where pobble is the nfs/tftpboot/rarp server.

The boot dies at:

mount_nfs: can't get net id for host/nfs: No address
associated with hostname

What files shoould I be looking at?
TYIA
--