Subject: Re: Building boot tapes for sparc
To: None <Chris.Smith@raytheon.co.uk>
From: Brian Hechinger <wonko@entropy.tmok.com>
List: port-sparc
Date: 02/16/2001 07:27:43
Chris.Smith@raytheon.co.uk drunkenly mumbled...

> Is there any way to build a boot tape with the kernel,
> install-root and distributions on it that will install
> using `boot tape' from the OpenProm on Sparc NetBSD
> 1.4.3?   Basically I need base, etc, kern, misc, text
> and not much else.

ftp://ftp.NetBSD.ORG/pub/NetBSD/NetBSD-1.5/sparc/INSTALL.html

about half way down the page, under the heading, "Installing NetBSD by using a
bootable tape"

> I have obtained an Old Sun4c (SS1) system which wont
> play nicely with my CDROM drive (it's a non-sun one),
> so I need to boot off my wonderfully noisy Archive
> QIC-150 :))  It's going to be used as an NFS disk
> archive for my home network with a string of 6x 2Gig
> disks off the SCSI controller.

mmmmmmm, hanging lots of SCSI drives off an old sun box for network storage.
nope, never done that myself (twiddles with lots of SCSI drives hanging off an
old sun box for network storage) nope, not at all.  :)

-brian