Subject: Re: NetBSD vs OpenBSD sparc disklabels?????
To: NetBSD Bob <nbsdbob@weedcon1.cropsci.ncsu.edu>
From: Brian Hechinger <wonko@entropy.tmok.com>
List: port-sparc
Date: 02/15/2001 10:51:12
NetBSD Bob drunkenly mumbled...
> creep in and make things incompatible?  Darn.....

it's what makes it fun.  it's also what makes it pay so darn well.  if things
didn't break all the time, i'd be out of a job.

> Now I have to make some executive decisions as to whether I want to
> redo the sunjunk in NetBSD or OpenBSD.
           ^^^^^^^

you watch your mouth punk. :)

> Anyone know if the VAX ports in NetBSD or OpenBSD have this problem?
> I tried unrolling a VAX OpenBSD port from NetBSD VAX, and it seemed
> that the disklabels may have been off, because the system would just
> not come up, at all, and jumped out to prom.

as long as OpenBSD doesn't seem to have a problem with things, or can at least
bash them into something resembling a sane state from it's point of view, i
don't see why it shouldn't work.  just babbling here, don't have a real answer
for you, sorry.

-brian (Sun Bigot)