Subject: Re: Axil 320 / NetBSD 1.4.3
To: Chuck Rouillard <chuckr@opus.sandiegoca.ncr.com>
From: Erik E. Fair <fair@clock.org>
List: port-sparc
Date: 02/14/2001 10:52:12
At 7:46 PM -0800 2/13/01, Chuck Rouillard wrote:
>I have an Axil 320, 512M RAM, single 2G SCSI, and a floppy. I'm
>using `ttya' but otherwise a normal, headless, pizza box. I believe
>I installed NetBSD 1.4.3 (via FTP) correctly (no noticable
>complaints) but booting from the local SCSI drive causes the kernel
>to panic on what appears to be the floppy controller:

Chuck, it looks to me like you're booting a 1.4 GENERIC kernel,
rather than 1.4.3 GENERIC; there is a difference - lots of things
were fixed along the way, including HyperSPARC CPU support (you may
notice that up top, it says "warning: hypersparc supprt still under
construction"). See if you can get a 1.4.3 GENERIC and boot that
instead.

I have an SS20 with a 150 MHz HyperSPARC CPU running 1.4.3A (latest
branch patches) that is rock solid stable.

	Erik <fair@clock.org>