Subject: cgfourteen (SX) 24 bpp support
To: None <port-sparc@netbsd.org>
From: Michael Wolfson <mw@blobulent.com>
List: port-sparc
Date: 02/12/2001 10:06:26
OK, so does it work yet or are there plans to make it work?  I know it's
been brought up many times, but what's happening?  Are we moving port-sparc
to XFree86 (like many other ports)?  Can we then use linux's SX support?

If not, is there someone out there on the list who has the knowledge and
time to work on it, but is lacking the hardware?  I'll bet there are enough
of us wanting 24bpp that we can scrounge together enough money to purchase
someone the 4 MB VSIMM, or loan someone a 10SX or 20.  I'd be happy to
arrange this.

So, send me a private email if you're a) willing and knowledgable enough to
work on it, but lacking hardware, or b) willing to donate a small amount of
money (such as US$20) towards the "a" people.

Thanks,
  -- MW