Subject: xconsole from Xsession
To: None <port-sparc@netbsd.org>
From: Paul \(NCC/CS\) <pts@bom.gov.au>
List: port-sparc
Date: 02/12/2001 10:07:46
Hi there,

I didn't fancy having the xconsole appear on my xdm login
screen. So I shifted the xconsole command from Xsetup_0
to Xsession. ( I have done this numerous times on intel.)
But I could not for the life of me get xconsole to run from
Xsession. It always says it couldn't get the console.

If you run the command once you're in and you've started
your session there is no problem.

If you: ls -al /dev/console > /tmp/console-info in Xsession just
before the xconsole command, you see that /dev/console
permissions are changed to the current user, already, ok.

So why it can't grab the console I don't know. It means I
have to run xconsole manually after each time I log in, and
this is not required on the intel box's.

Can anyone help me with this please?

Ta,
Paul.

Paul       (pts@bom.gov.au)