Subject: Re: Modem troubles
To: Ken Nagorski <kenn@pcintelligent.com>
From: Tim Franklin <tim@pelican.org>
List: port-sparc
Date: 02/07/2001 20:06:17
Hi Ken,

On Wed, Feb 07, 2001 at 12:28:18AM -0500, Ken Nagorski wrote:

> 	Hmm, I just can't get anything other than the CS (Clear to
> send) light. I should have the CD (Carrier detect) shouldn't I? I followed
> the instructions rom the manual and set up a /etc/uucp/port file. It looks
> like this.

CS sounds right (I don't know what other lights your modem has).  CD *won't*
be on - it detects carrier from another modem over the phone line, so shouldn't
light until you've made the call and got the 'CONNECT <whatever>' response.

> type modem
> port modem
> device /dev/ttya (I've tried ttysa & ttys0) Shrug*
> speed 115200

Try 38400 - earlier Sparc serial ports don't do anything faster, AFAIK.

Regards,
Tim.