Subject: re: nell driver
To: Ben Harris <bjh21@netbsd.org>
From: matthew green <mrg@eterna.com.au>
List: port-sparc
Date: 02/07/2001 23:55:12
   In article <Pine.GSO.4.05.10102062211330.16406-100000@sake> you write:
   >The /kernel/drv/stp4020 file, looks to be relatively small, and given the
   >right tools (which I don't know that I have), and an understanding of the
   >Solaris kernel architecture, one supposes (although it's entirely possible
   >that one's wholly mistaken) that one could look at the code executing, and
   >determine what's actually going on.
   >
   >How far off the road am I?

   That seems a little excessive.  Solaris source code is commonly available,
   and I suspect there'd be no problem with using it as reference material as
   long as no actual code leaks across.  FWIW, I'd be happy to look things up
   for people, and I'm not about to do any direct work on the nell driver.

the problem isn't so much with lack of documentation, but that the pcmcia
framework makes assuptions about busses that don't work on sparc.  see
pk's message about a year(?) ago where he says something about "can't
think of a meaningful implementation of pcmcia_{mem,io}_alloc()".  i think
it was on port-sparc.

.mrg.