Subject: nell driver
To: None <port-sparc@netbsd.org>
From: berry <sberry@housebsd.org>
List: port-sparc
Date: 02/06/2001 22:19:57
Would it be possible to reverse-engineer the nell driver in solaris, given
that we have more or less complete knowledge about the pc-card/pcmcia
interfaces, and, say the 3com 589D card, or the Wavelan boards?

The /kernel/drv/stp4020 file, looks to be relatively small, and given the
right tools (which I don't know that I have), and an understanding of the
Solaris kernel architecture, one supposes (although it's entirely possible
that one's wholly mistaken) that one could look at the code executing, and
determine what's actually going on.

How far off the road am I?

--
Sean Berry                                                    Rentals.com IT
(650) 622 2641 work                                        seanb@rentals.com