Subject: Re: i want FDDI
To: None <jason@thought.net, wonko@tmok.com>
From: Chris Torek <torek@BSDI.COM>
List: port-sparc
Date: 02/05/2001 16:04:26
>As soon as someone can convince the marketriods at NPI that releasing
>their driver doesn't do them any harm development can begin. ...

This is probably going to be very difficult.  We (BSDI) have an
NPI-FDDI driver but we had to sign away our firstborn and promise
never ever to let anyone know anything about their hardware or
software, other than ship binaries of the drivers.

I am not even sure I am allowed to say how much their code sucks. :-)
(This driver has been a big time sink -- actually I am not sure
how much of that is their code, and how much is our port, done by
another guy and then much-cleaned-up by me.  It was *really* bad
until I figured out that one set of files was never used at all ...
no wonder that code made no sense.)

Chris