Subject: Re: Java Virtual Machine on NetBSD/Sparc (1.4.2)
To: Tim Walls <tim@snowgoons.fsnet.co.uk>
From: Todd Vierling <tv@wasabisystems.com>
List: port-sparc
Date: 02/04/2001 20:48:09
On Mon, 5 Feb 2001, Tim Walls wrote:

: > If you don't mind restricting yourself to JDK 1.1.x, there's a *native* port
: > of 1.1.8 in pkgsrc/jang/jdk.  There's no native 1.2/1.3 port *yet* due to
: > licensing issues, but that is being worked on.
:
: I spotted that JDK, but unfortunately, it doesn't seem to work; c.f

That's very odd.  Sparc binaries were supposed to be posted, but it appears
that they never made the light of day.  <sigh>

: > The 1.2.2 Sun release for Solaris should work under compat_svr4 emulation.
:
: I shall have a go at that - thanks to everyone for the assistance!

One note on this: Since NetBSD doesn't support Solaris native threads,
you'll need to run this in "green threads" mode.  Some 1.2.2 tarballs do
this by default, but some default to "native threads".  To make sure you're
using green threads, hack the .java_wrapper script to make sure the default
is "green".

--
-- Todd Vierling <tv@wasabisystems.com>  *  Wasabi NetBSD:  Run with it.
-- NetBSD 1.5 now available on CD-ROM  --  http://www.wasabisystems.com/