Subject: Re: SS10 running 1.4.2 dropped core, now what?
To: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.lip6.fr>
From: Steven Grunza <steven_grunza@ieee.org>
List: port-sparc
Date: 01/31/2001 13:02:46
Here's the result of the dmesg and gdb session:

hw-sbus# dmesg -M netbsd.0.core
dmesg: magic number incorrect
hw-sbus# gdb netbsd.0
GNU gdb 4.17
This GDB was configured as "sparc--netbsd"...(no debugging symbols found)...
(gdb) target kcore netbsd.0.core
panic: ffs_valloc: dup alloc
#0  0xf002d7b8 in mi_switch ()
(gdb) where
#0  0xf002d7b8 in mi_switch ()
#1  0xf002d128 in tsleep ()
#2  0xf00df780 in uvm_scheduler ()
#3  0xf001d914 in main ()
(gdb) q
hw-sbus# uname -a
NetBSD hw-sbus 1.4.2 NetBSD 1.4.2 (HWSBUS) #0: Thu Jan 25 16:08:11 EST 2001
    root@hw-sbus:/usr/src/sys/arch/sparc/compile/HWSBUS sparc
hw-sbus# ls -l
total 66432
-rw-------  1 root  wheel   1526119 Jan 30 15:15 netbsd.0
-rw-------  1 root  wheel  66441752 Jan 30 15:15 netbsd.0.core
hw-sbus# pwd
/usr/export/home/root_temp
hw-sbus#

I had to move the dump off of /var since my root partition was filling up.