Subject: using xauth
To: None <port-sparc@netbsd.org>
From: Ken Nagorski <kenn@pcintelligent.com>
List: port-sparc
Date: 01/29/2001 19:07:59
Hi there,

	Well, now that I have netbsd running on my sparc and X is working
just nicely (that was a bonus) I want to make use of some X resources on
my linux box which has no monitor. Of course to do this I have to use
xauth but I can't seem to get things going. I am wondering if anyone on
this list has used it. From what I understand, I need to do a few things.

1.  xauth generate :0 . trusted
	this creates the .Xauthority file on the netbsd box,
2. xauth generate 192.168.1.3:0 . trusted
	This should tell xauth on the netbsd box that I can use it's
display from the linux box right? But, here is the deal, everytime I try
that I get some error about connection refused. Now, I have exported
$DISPLAY on the linux box but how am I supposed to get a connection to it
if I can't start programs on it? I mean, what is it trying to connect to
on the linux box anyway? To be frank, I am totally confused and frustrated
by xauth and my lack of ability to figure it out, :)

	So if you have some information that could lead me to an answer I
would appreciate it...

Thanks
Ken

--
I've got all the money I'll ever need if I die by 4 o'clock.
                -- Henny Youngman