Subject: Re: bootparams(?) problem
To: None <port-sparc@netbsd.org>
From: Ragga Muffin <ragga@pyxis23.ec.t.kanazawa-u.ac.jp>
List: port-sparc
Date: 01/26/2001 20:06:14
I wrote:
> I'm trying to netboot a sparc ELC. The problem seems to be
> that the secondary loader (boot.net from 1.5)
> fails to connect to a bootparam server resulting in
> 'bootparamd failed whoami'. Needless to say, booting doesn't
> proceed beyond this.

Thanks for all the replies,

On DP's suggestion, I tried installing the servers (rarp, bootparamd)
on another OS, namely FreeBSD on a vacant i386.
And now bootparamd works!

However, the ramdisk netbsd.ram.aout seems to load but
finally results in an error:

boot: short read
ok

from the prom... what might be the meaning of this?

Well, next I unpacked the netboot image (rootfs.tgz) but it contains no
kernel. Which kernel works with this package ?

P.S. ( I propose an update in the diskless-howto warning about
Linux and Solaris rarpd and bootparamd..)

TIA

--
Ragga