Subject: Re: Bad news for potential Netra X1 owners in the UK
To: None <Chris.Smith@raytheon.co.uk>
From: Brian Hechinger <wonko@entropy.tmok.com>
List: port-sparc
Date: 01/24/2001 09:07:02
Chris.Smith@raytheon.co.uk drunkenly mumbled...
> Hi,
>
> Some bad news for those of us looking at one of those
> new Netra servers in the UK (as was discussed a few
> days ago on the list):-

> Yes - Sun has dumped $800 on the price for us being
> in the UK.  Looks like I'll have to stick with my
> SPARCclassic...
>
> Oh what fun.

a) let's put this in perspective.  sure, it's super-stupid that they would
   charge so much more in the UK, HOWEVER, what's a t1 cost in the UK? it's
   still a win, even if it isn't the amazingly good deal it was.

b) added value?  the only added value i've ever seen added to suns by any VAR
   is they install solaris for you.  usually wrong and you have to wipe the
   machine and re-install, but still, that's worth $800, no?

what would it cost to send one of these bad boys to the UK from the US?  they
really aren't that heavy, shouldn't cost too much.  you buy one, get it shipped
to me and i'll ship it to you.  sound fair. :)

-brian