Subject: Re: hme0 problems with NetBSD/sparc64 1.5
To: None <port-sparc@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Greg Earle <earle@isolar.DynDNS.ORG>
List: port-sparc
Date: 01/23/2001 22:37:41
mrg wrote:
>    OK, I get the hint - "switch to -current".
>
> heh.  sparc64 port only really became truly useful on non-ultra1 class
> machines not using the ethernet around the same time 1.5 was branched,
> so essentially anything done since then has to be pulled up to the branch.

OK, understood.  Haven't really had any problems so far other than the
aforementioned Ethernet problem (used Eduardo's workaround to deal with the
pmap.c compilation problem and built a 1.5-based kernel OK after that), but
that one's rather thorny  (-:  (heh, just hit it again, downloading that
snapshot kernel (-: )

>> I'm afraid I'm a little rusty at that whole process - is the kernel in
>> ftp://ftp.NetBSD.ORG/pub/NetBSD/arch/sparc64/snapshot/20010114/binary/kernel
/
>> (dated January 14th) up-to-date enough to use as a jumping-off point?
>
> that should work fine.  there are also instructions on building -current
> available from www.netbsd.org/Documentation/.

Aha.  Thank ye, Matt

Eduardo wrote:
> But I beleive that kernel has the pciide fix, which is important
> for U5/U10s.

And that "pciide fix" is ... ?

	- Greg