Subject: Re: Problems installing 1.5 on SS2
To: Paul Kranenburg <pk@cs.few.eur.nl>
From: Thilo Manske <Thilo.Manske@HEH.Uni-Oldenburg.DE>
List: port-sparc
Date: 01/20/2001 21:40:09
On Sat, Jan 20 2001 at 20:47:38 +0100, Paul Kranenburg wrote:
> > le1 at ledma0 slot 2 offset 0x60000 level 5panic: bus_dmamap_load: boundaries not implemented
> > halted
> >
> > Any suggestions as to what I need to do to make this setup play nice with 1.5?
> > I have another Sparc already at 1.5 (only le0) that I can build a kernel on,
> > but I have no idea what config is needed to get around this.  Or is it
>
> You can comment out this line
>
> 	le*             at ledma?
>
> in, for instance, the GENERIC configuration file, which will stop your
> le1 from attaching.
I think the problem is the

le0             at lebuffer?                            # SBus

line in the GENERIC config file.

I don't know exactly anymore what goes wrong with it - somehow the kernel
mixes the dma for scsi with ledma or something like that, because it
trys to find a match for that second le it finds. (Well, that's my highly
speculative idea :-)

Changing that to le* fixes it for me.

I have

# FSBE/S SCSI
dma*    at sbus? slot ? offset ?                        # SBus
#esp*   at sbus? slot ? offset ? flags 0x0000           # SBus (older proms)
esp*    at dma? flags 0x0000                            # SBus

[...]

#le0            at obio0 addr 0xf9000000 level 6        # sun4/300
#le0            at sbus0 slot ? offset ?                # sun4c on-board
ledma0          at sbus0 slot ? offset ?                # sun4m on-board
le0             at ledma0                               # sun4m on-board
#le*            at sbus? slot ? offset ?                # SBus
#ledma*         at sbus? slot ? offset ?                # SBus
#le*            at ledma?                               # SBus
lebuffer0       at sbus? slot ? offset ?                # SBus
le*             at lebuffer?                            # SBus
#lebuffer*      at sbus? slot ? offset ?                # SBus
#le*            at lebuffer?                            # SBus

in my config file and both the ethernet and scsi part of my
FSBE/S scsi card work fine in my SPARCclassic X (Sun4m).

--
Dies ist Thilos Unix Signature! Viel Spass damit.