Subject: Problems installing 1.5 on SS2
To: None <port-sparc@netbsd.org>
From: Tim Franklin <tim@leaphome.pelican.org>
List: port-sparc
Date: 01/19/2001 19:25:40
Hi folks,

I'm having problems installing 1.5 on my SS2, which as well as the on-board le0
has a SCSI/Ethernet combo SBUS card (le1).  Both are handled quite happily
under 1.4.2, but trying to boot the 1.5 install miniroot eventually chokes with
the following:

dma1 at sbus0 slot 2 offset 0x20000: rev 2
esp1 at dma1 slot 2 offset 0x40000 level 3: ESP200, 40 MHz SCSI ID 7
scsibus1 at esp1: 8 targets, 8 luns per target
ledma0 at sbus0 slot 2 offset 0x20010: rev 2
le1 at ledma0 slot 2 offset 0x60000 level 5panic: bus_dmamap_load: boundaries not implemented
halted

Any suggestions as to what I need to do to make this setup play nice with 1.5?
I have another Sparc already at 1.5 (only le0) that I can build a kernel on,
but I have no idea what config is needed to get around this.  Or is it
something I need to change on the card?  (Eek, my PeeCee roots with nasty
jumpery ISA cards are showing!)

Thanks,
Tim.