Subject: None
To: None <port-sparc@netbsd.org>
From: None <rich@bl.echidna.id.au>
List: port-sparc
Date: 01/19/2001 13:20:16
> > I find it interesting that it has an ISO cert smartcard slot in it. Is this
> > a first for Sun, or have they done that before?
>
> i've had my hands on just about every model SUN ever made (even as far back as
> sun2) and i've never seen such a thing.  the closest i've ever seen is PCMCIA,
> but that's not really used on anything but workstations (and very
> inconvieniantly stuck out the back of the machine, royal pain in the ass)
>
> yup, i think this is a first for sun.

What about the SunRay.  I know it's not a really useful bit of hardware for
anything but replacing an Xterm (actually I think the SunRay's are a really
cool thin client solution) but they do have the Smartcard reader to re-load
your session no matter which SunRay you happen to plug it in to.

Or am I thinking about a different type of smartcard.

Richard Grace.