Subject: Re: Problems with hard drive on a Sparcstation IPC
To: =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Trond_Endrest=F8l?= <trond@ramstind.gtf.ol.no>
From: David Brownlee <abs@netbsd.org>
List: port-sparc
Date: 01/17/2001 18:08:18
On Wed, 17 Jan 2001, [ISO-8859-1] Trond Endrestøl wrote:

> On Wed, 17 Jan 2001, David Brownlee wrote:
>
> > 	If you can compile a kernel, you can set the flags on the
> > 	esp device:
>
> No, I'm afraid I can't do that at this moment, perhaps someone else
> (on this list) would do it for me... :-)

	Try:

ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/arch/sparc/1.5.1ALPHA/netbsd-genericnosync.gz

	Its from the 1.5-release source, which is 1.5 plus any important
	bugfixes, and is ideal for a 1.5 box.

> Does NetBSD/sparc have a userconfig -c flag like the one FreeBSD
> offers during reboot?
>
> options USERCONFIG
> and
> options VISUAL_USERCONFIG
> in the kernel config file.

	Not currently, though its been discussed. The issue is to find a
	clean way to do it for all platforms (and for someoen to step up
	to do it :)

> > 	Though please submit a PR on this - it would obviously be better
> > 	if NetBSD could handle it automatically. If you would be willing to
> > 	ship the drive to someone to work with, its probably worth mentioning
>
> Well, I can submit a PR, but I don't know about shipping the drive.

	OK, no worries.

		David/absolute		-- www.netbsd.org: No hype required --