Subject: Re: Problems with hard drive on a Sparcstation IPC
To: David Brownlee <abs@netbsd.org>
From: =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Trond_Endrest=F8l?= <trond@ramstind.gtf.ol.no>
List: port-sparc
Date: 01/17/2001 15:02:01
On Wed, 17 Jan 2001, David Brownlee wrote:

> 	If you can compile a kernel, you can set the flags on the
> 	esp device:

No, I'm afraid I can't do that at this moment, perhaps someone else
(on this list) would do it for me... :-)

> ## The following flags may be set for the NCR53c94 based esp driver:
> ##      bits 0-7:  disable disconnect/reselect for the corresponding target
> ##      bits 8-15: disable synchronous negotiation for target [bit-8]
>
> 	To disable sync for all targets, you should be able to use:
>
> esp0    at sbus0 slot ? offset ? flags 0xff00           # sun4c

I see.

Does NetBSD/sparc have a userconfig -c flag like the one FreeBSD
offers during reboot?

options USERCONFIG
and
options VISUAL_USERCONFIG
in the kernel config file.

> 	Though please submit a PR on this - it would obviously be better
> 	if NetBSD could handle it automatically. If you would be willing to
> 	ship the drive to someone to work with, its probably worth mentioning

Well, I can submit a PR, but I don't know about shipping the drive.

Trond Endrestøl                          |    trond@ramstind.gtf.ol.no
Patron of The Art of Computer Programming|   FreeBSD 3.5-S & Pine 4.31