Subject: Re: Install over two disks + QIC tape problems
To: None <Chris.Smith@raytheon.co.uk>
From: Brian Hechinger <wonko@entropy.tmok.com>
List: port-sparc
Date: 01/15/2001 11:59:52
Chris.Smith@raytheon.co.uk drunkenly mumbled...

> Hi,

hello.

> I will play with it and see - theres nothing mission critical
> (ha ha) on it at the moment so I can trash the disks no
> probs.  Mounting on /mnt sounds like a good idea.  I will
> probably go take the installer scripts to bits and see how
> they work.

i had to do this with NetBSD/i386 several years back on a 486 server i setup.
i forget where i mounted stuff, but use disklabel, look through the install
scripts to determine mount points (i'm almost 100% sure it's /mnt) and the
worst thing that will happen once you resume installation is that it will
complain about /device/blah is already mounted, but won't fail.  just to be
safe, right before you reboot grok /mnt/etc/fstab and make sure it's kosher.

that should get you up and running.  i think.  :)

-brian