Subject: Re: Floppy Booting Question
To: None <Thilo.Manske@HEH.Uni-Oldenburg.DE>
From: Brian Seklecki <lavalamp@burghcom.com>
List: port-sparc
Date: 01/15/2001 00:17:04
Not to be a complete fascist.  A better way to do it might be:

$ sudo gunzip -d < disk1.fs.gz | dd of=/dev/fd0 bs=36k
0+136 records in
0+136 records out

This keeps the gzip in tact, which you want to do, because of CRC checking,
etc.  An uncompressed file could be corrupted and you'd never know.

-lava