Subject: Re: Floppy Booting Question
To: =?iso-8859-1?Q?=22Sj=F6din_Lars=2C_se_it=22?= <Lars.Sjodin@serva.se>
From: Al Snell <alaric@alaric-snell.com>
List: port-sparc
Date: 01/13/2001 11:11:04
On Sat, 13 Jan 2001, [iso-8859-1] "Sj=F6din Lars, se it" wrote:

> i tried dd if=3Ddisk1.fs.gz of=3D/dev/fd0 (Linux machine)
> then boot floppy on my SS5 it complained about the floppy not being SUN
> Label...
> i tried the same on this machine some month ago with 1.4.2 and it worked.=
=2E
> perhaps i just dont remeber how i did :) but im trying to install 1.5 now
> and well id be happy for any help here.

I dd'ed a 1.5 boot disk from another Sparc machine, and my SS2 wouldn't
have it (again complaining about the Sun label) so I had to install via
netboot. I thought the floppy drive was most likely broken in the
SS2... might I have been wrong?

ABS

--=20
                               Alaric B. Snell
 http://www.alaric-snell.com/  http://RFC.net/  http://www.warhead.org.uk/
   Any sufficiently advanced technology can be emulated in software =20