Subject: Openboot firmware updating
To: None <port-sparc@netbsd.org>
From: Jon <cykyc@yahoo.com>
List: port-sparc
Date: 01/12/2001 08:18:08
Hello All,

This is my first post to NetBSD, so sorry if this has
been covered before. I have quickly searched the
mailing lists, and came up blank. The NVRAM on a sparc
1+ I have is dead.  I'm ordering a new chip from
mouser, but I also noticed I'm running an old version
of Openboot, v 1.3.  Is there anyway I can update this
version either by a flash technique or by purchasing a
new PROM chip?

Thanks,

Jon

p.s. Kudos out to the sparc maintainers and
documentaiton! I was able to get an IPC up in one
night network booting, running 1.4.2 w/o ever using
NetBSD or a Sparc before.