Subject: Re: SS-10 upgrade to 1.5 - what did I do wrong?
To: None <port-sparc@netbsd.org>
From: Bruce Ediger <eballen1@qwest.net>
List: port-sparc
Date: 01/12/2001 08:02:44

On Fri, 12 Jan 2001, Manuel Bouyer wrote:
> Hum, try to remove /usr/include and re-extract the 'comp.tgz' set.

Thank you, that seems to work.  Here's exactly what I did:

1. FTP the comp.tgz set to my SS-10 (I had done an ftp install).
2. su to root
3. rm -rf /usr/include  (this made me flinch)
4. cd /
5. gunzip -c /tmp/comp.tgz | tar xvf -

Now compiles seem to work.  After examining my notes, my SS-10
started out running NetBSD 1.3.2.  I had upgraded to 1.4.1 in Feb of
2000, then upgraded that upgrade to 1.5 January of 2001.  Apparently
something got goofed up in the multiplicity of upgrading.