Subject: re: SBUS wierdies!
To: Brad Walker <bwalker@musings.com>
From: matthew green <mrg@eterna.com.au>
List: port-sparc
Date: 01/04/2001 23:43:23

   Basically, the the SPIF card from Sun has the same chip. There is
   some glue logic that is different but it's basically the same.

   Also, I did the driver for Aurora when I was an employee there.
   And I worked some on the microcode for Cirrus Logic. So I guess
   I have a little bit of experience with this.. 8-^

brad!  friend!  the other part of the driver i never quite worked out was
WTF the 1 and 4 byte sbus register's where for the spif!  ie, there were
2 128byte ranges, obviously for the two cd180's ... but those other 5 bytes
i could never work out, and aurora consistently failed to produce anything
useful....

.mrg.