Subject: Re: SBUS wierdies!
To: None <alaric@alaric-snell.com, atatat@atatdot.net>
From: Brad Walker <bwalker@musings.com>
List: port-sparc
Date: 01/04/2001 00:46:23
> Date: Wed, 3 Jan 2001 19:59:15 -0500
> From: Andrew Brown <atatat@atatdot.net>
> To: Al Snell <alaric@alaric-snell.com>
> Cc: NetBSD SPARC port <port-sparc@netbsd.org>
> Subject: Re: SBUS wierdies!
>
> >The serial card is more interesting. It's a "SUNW,spif", according to
> >OpenBoot, and is rumoured to have eight serial interfaces on it. Looking
> >at the card, there's a Cirrus Logic chip and lots of what look like line
> >driver chips leading to a Socket With Billions of Pins.
>
> it sounds a little like a serial card i've got.  mine identifies
> itself as a csfour, is made by aurora technologies, and has a cd2401
> for the four serial ports.  who makes yours?

Basically, the the SPIF card from Sun has the same chip. There is
some glue logic that is different but it's basically the same.

Also, I did the driver for Aurora when I was an employee there.
And I worked some on the microcode for Cirrus Logic. So I guess
I have a little bit of experience with this.. 8-^

-brad w.