Subject: Re: sparc-current blows up on devices...
To: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.lip6.fr>
From: Greywolf <greywolf@starwolf.com>
List: port-sparc
Date: 01/03/2001 22:38:10
On Wed, 3 Jan 2001, Manuel Bouyer wrote:

# Date: Wed, 3 Jan 2001 11:39:20 +0100
# From: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.lip6.fr>
# To: Greywolf <greywolf@starwolf.com>
# Cc: SPARC port <port-sparc@netbsd.org>
#
# On Tue, Jan 02, 2001 at 07:38:21PM -0800, Greywolf wrote:
# > Heya,
# >
# > I shall have to recompile the kernel to be sure of the version string,
# > but I believe it's 1.5O or some such.
# >
# > It does not recognize my tape drive or my CD-R drive.  1.5N does.
#
# Do you have scsi error messages ? It could be related to tagged queing
# support which has been added to the ncr53c9x driver.

I don't, regrettably.  Something about command timed out ("AGAIN"), and
it did this for both the CD-R and the 4mm.

I ripped out disconnect/reselect for both targets (via the flags on
the bus), and it seems to work.  I think it's gonna hurt performance,
though.

I was scared for a minute, because I just lost a 3G drive last night,
and I thought it took a couple other things with it.

# --
# Manuel Bouyer, LIP6, Universite Paris VI.           Manuel.Bouyer@lip6.fr
# --

				--*greywolf;
--
*BSD is much like a tipi:  No windows, no gates, and an apache inside.