Subject: Re: SBUS wierdies!
To: Andrew Brown <atatat@atatdot.net>
From: Jason L. Wright <jason@thought.net>
List: port-sparc
Date: 01/03/2001 23:58:53
Andrew Brown <atatat@atatdot.net> writes:

> >The serial card is more interesting. It's a "SUNW,spif", according to
> >OpenBoot, and is rumoured to have eight serial interfaces on it. Looking
> >at the card, there's a Cirrus Logic chip and lots of what look like line
> >driver chips leading to a Socket With Billions of Pins.

Hope you have the break out box and cable for it... Several cards I've seen
for sale on the net are missing them *sigh*

> it sounds a little like a serial card i've got.  mine identifies
> itself as a csfour, is made by aurora technologies, and has a cd2401
> for the four serial ports.  who makes yours?

Might be close, might not.  Spif is a Sun (OEM'd?) card based on an old
CD180 chip (not cd1800), and has a weird way of handling DTR.  Either way,
a driver already exists for this in OpenBSD (sys/arch/sparc/dev/spif*).
Would be easy enough to port it I suspect.  The only thing that doesn't
work is the parallel port, and that's partly out of laziness on my part.

--Jason Wright