Subject: Re: SBUS wierdies!
To: Al Snell <alaric@alaric-snell.com>
From: Jon Lindgren <jlindgren@slk.com>
List: port-sparc
Date: 01/03/2001 17:46:55
On Wed, 3 Jan 2001, Al Snell wrote:

> I've got an SBUS FDDI interface, and an SBUS serial card.
>
> Does anyone with too much spare time want to have them to write drivers?
>
> Somebody I work with has his eyes on the FDDI card. I can't remember what
> it identified itself as, but there can't be very many SBUS FDDI cards!

[snip]

WRT the FDDI cards, that comes up from time to time on
port-sparc.  Apparantly, lots of the SBUS FDDI cards are based on
proprietary chips, need addition software/microcode/magic incantations to
be present to run.  The last concensous I heard was "it just ain't worth
it."

Too bad, too, because I'd love to fit my SS5s into my FDDI ring ;-)

-Jon
 "Trout are freshwater fish, and have underwater weapons."
 "Zing, zing zing zing!"
 "Keep away from the trout."
 -- The opinions expressed are not necesarily those of my employer --
 "Who stole my lawn?"