Subject: SBUS wierdies!
To: NetBSD SPARC port <port-sparc@netbsd.org>
From: Al Snell <alaric@alaric-snell.com>
List: port-sparc
Date: 01/03/2001 22:41:51
I've got an SBUS FDDI interface, and an SBUS serial card.

Does anyone with too much spare time want to have them to write drivers?

Somebody I work with has his eyes on the FDDI card. I can't remember what
it identified itself as, but there can't be very many SBUS FDDI cards!

The serial card is more interesting. It's a "SUNW,spif", according to
OpenBoot, and is rumoured to have eight serial interfaces on it. Looking
at the card, there's a Cirrus Logic chip and lots of what look like line
driver chips leading to a Socket With Billions of Pins.

If anyone promises to write a driver, I'll gladly give them either card
for the good of NetBSD's driver support - without drivers, they're no use
to me, and they came "for free" in some IPXes I bought :-)

ABS

--
                               Alaric B. Snell
 http://www.alaric-snell.com/  http://RFC.net/  http://www.warhead.org.uk/