Subject: Re: SS5 audio trivia
To: Stephen B. Salai <bsalai@rochester.rr.com>
From: Jon Lindgren <jlindgren@slk.com>
List: port-sparc
Date: 01/03/2001 06:10:52
On Wed, 3 Jan 2001, Stephen B. Salai wrote:

> I'm still using 1.4.3 on this SS5 and am able to play mp3's, cd's and au
> files with no problems. I can even play cd's through the internal
> speaker, or line out using xmmix. I notice that amp seems to use more
> cpu than mp3, or at least it cuts out more when compiling at the same
> time.
>
> Have you been able to get xamp working? It builds ok but doesn't play.

Hmm... IDK - under the 1.4.something release I was running, I didn't have
any luck at all.  I've not tried xamp at all.

I'll probably give it a shot under 1.5 sooner or later.  Hey, if it works,
that's great.

-Jon
 "Trout are freshwater fish, and have underwater weapons."
 "Zing, zing zing zing!"
 "Keep away from the trout."
 -- The opinions expressed are not necesarily those of my employer --
 "Who stole my lawn?"