Subject: SS5 audio trivia
To: None <port-sparc@netbsd.org>
From: ali (Anders Lindgren) <dat94ali@ludat.lth.se>
List: port-sparc
Date: 01/02/2001 14:24:22
I am running NetBSD-1.5 on a couple of SparcStation 5,
and seem to be unable to turn the internal speakers off.
I thought once I connected the audio line out to my speakers
maybe it would be muted, but while both audio outputs work
fine as far as connecting them to my speakers is concerned,
neither of them (not even the line out for headphones)
disables the annoying internal speaker. Audioctl and mixerctl
didn't help much; does the sound-driver simply not support
this?

--
/ali: Computer Science Major and aspiring cartoonist. :-)
(dept) dat94ali@ludat.lth.se - http://www.ludat.lth.se/~dat94ali