Subject: NetBSD 1.5 - root filesystem mounted read-only
To: 'port-sparc@netbsd.org ' <port-sparc@netbsd.org>
From: Jenkins, Graham K [IBM GSA] <Graham.K.Jenkins@team.telstra.com>
List: port-sparc
Date: 12/30/2000 11:24:03
I've just finished a NetBSD installation via FTP, booting from floppies -
onto a Sparcstation Classic. 900Mb root filesystem, 100 Mb swap, nothing
else.

When the system is rebooted after installation, it mounts the root
filesystem read-only and does an fsck .. and then it keeps on going
into multi-user mode, with the root filesystem still mounted read-only,
giving messages about how the root filesystem device (root_device)
doesn't match the entry ( /dev/sd0a )  in /etc/fstab .

Has anybody else seen this? Did I do something wrong? And is there
a quick fix?

G.