Subject: Re: Sun4, NetBSD, and a graphical browser
To: None <port-sparc@netbsd.org>
From: None <THETechnoid@home.com>
List: port-sparc
Date: 12/20/2000 18:44:11
I've tried copying the libraries from Solaris 2.4 but every time I mount
the solaris drive under BSD, the next boot the Solaris partition claims it
has a bad superblock and dies.

Maybe someone can tell me what I am doing wrong.  I've got a license for
Solaris 2.4 (sparc) and Solaris 7 (sparc and intel), so if someone ran me
off the right libs I'd be very grateful.

Regards,

Jeff

In <Pine.NEB.4.30.0012201015370.479-100000@odysseus.int.purplei.com>, on
12/20/00
   at 06:44 PM, David Brownlee <abs@netbsd.org> said:

>	The linux/i386 beta 4 runs quite well on NetBSD/i386 (its in
>	pkgsrc).

>	Mozilla 0.6 runs (albeit slowly) on my ss5 - I've just put a
>	binary package up on ftp.netbsd.org for those who prefer to
>	spend their disk space and cpu cycles some other way.

>	If you have some sunos libraries the netscape-4.61 in pkgsrc works
>	fine NetBSD/sparc - a little dated, but fine :)

>		David/absolute		-- www.netbsd.org: No hype required --

>On Tue, 19 Dec 2000, T. M. Pederson wrote:

>> On "Tue, 19 Dec 2000 23:20:25 +0100", "Thomas Michael Wanka" <Tom@Wanka.at> wrote:
>>
>> >anyone tried to run Opera? I wonder if it could be run on anything
>> >else than x86.
>>
>> I've been playing with it on Debian GNU/Linux PowerPC(pmac) ---
>> there are no sparc binaries... yet --- beta 3 is okay, so far.
>> On the whole, I'd say beta 3 is better than Chimera, while beta 2
>> is worse (less stable).  On the other hand, I've only played with
>> the ppc binaries.
>>
>> There's no guessing as to when any NetBSD binaries will show
>> up.  Someday, they say.

Jeffrey S. Worley
President
Complete Computer Services, Inc.