Subject: Re: Sun4, NetBSD, and a graphical browser
To: None <port-sparc@netbsd.org>
From: T. M. Pederson <salvage@plethora.net>
List: port-sparc
Date: 12/19/2000 20:31:54
On "Tue, 19 Dec 2000 23:20:25 +0100", "Thomas Michael Wanka" <Tom@Wanka.at> wrote:

>anyone tried to run Opera? I wonder if it could be run on anything
>else than x86.

I've been playing with it on Debian GNU/Linux PowerPC(pmac) ---
there are no sparc binaries... yet --- beta 3 is okay, so far.
On the whole, I'd say beta 3 is better than Chimera, while beta 2
is worse (less stable).  On the other hand, I've only played with
the ppc binaries.

There's no guessing as to when any NetBSD binaries will show
up.  Someday, they say.
--
T. M. Pederson <salvage@plethora.net>
PGP key fingerprint = 48 94 7A 54 59 B6 C0 77  1F F6 94 55 0C 55 51 C4