Subject: Re: problem with boot.net and SS1
To: None <Ronald.vanderPol@surfnet.nl>
From: Andrei Petrov <and@genesyslab.com>
List: port-sparc
Date: 12/14/2000 11:03:53
Netboot client uses broadcast for rarp and bootparam, so you might
filtering them out in tcpdump. When boot.net starts it should broadcast
rarp whoami request, also I think that arp entry should be added in your
server machine
(you can check if you have your client's arp entry with arp -a).
After your client receives rarp reply it broadcasts bootparam request.
Is that possible that you have another bootparamd on the network?

The debug version of boot.net might help, I don't have environment to
build it right away, but you can ask list or you can set up cross
to build it yourself. Kernel and bootloader are pretty easy to build
in cross.

Another thing (which helped me) is to have your client and server
separated from network. First noone else involved, second tcpdump
without any filtering might show something.

Regards,
	Andrey