Subject: Re: NetBSD.ram for NetBSD/sparc 1.5
To: None <rmk@rmkhome.com>
From: Paul Kranenburg <pk@cs.few.eur.nl>
List: port-sparc
Date: 12/14/2000 01:15:21

> It looks like I would have to extract rootfs.tgz somewhere and then
> supply a kernel as well, as there is no bootable kernel in rootfs.tgz.

Why don't you sit down and study the 1.5 release notes first?

You're definitely welcome to supply your comments to this forum if
you find them inadequate in assisting you with setting up your boot
medium of choice.

> I tried netbsd.ram.aout.gz and boot.net seemed to think it was unbootable.

If you delve into the "internals" of the layout of the installation
sub-directory you'll find that `netbsd.ram.aout.gz' is used only for
building bootable tapes.

Purely by co-indidence, however, you might be able to boot it over the network
as well (in lieu of `boot.net'), but that is not at all the purpose of
this image.

-pk