Subject: Re: NetBSD.ram for NetBSD/sparc 1.5
To: Paul Kranenburg <pk@cs.few.eur.nl>
From: Rick Kelly <rmk@toad.rmkhome.com>
List: port-sparc
Date: 12/13/2000 17:51:39
Paul Kranenburg said:

>Why don't you sit down and study the 1.5 release notes first?
>
>You're definitely welcome to supply your comments to this forum if
>you find them inadequate in assisting you with setting up your boot
>medium of choice.

According to the install notes, the procedure is to extract rootfs.tgz
and then add a generic NetBSD kernel.

I'm lazy, and just find it easier to boot from a netbsd.ram kernel
that includes the install stuff in the ram image. :-)

I understand that some Sun4c boxes have a problem with the netbsd.ram
method of installation, although I haven't had a problem with any of
mine.

I'm not trying to be critical. I'm just surprised by the increased
complexity of a net install.
--
Rick Kelly  rmk@rmkhome.com  www.rmkhome.com