Subject: Re: problem with boot.net and SS1
To: Paul (NCC/CS) <pts@bom.gov.au>
From: None <Ronald.vanderPol@surfnet.nl>
List: port-sparc
Date: 12/13/2000 01:34:00
On Wed, 13 Dec 2000, Paul (NCC/CS) wrote:

> I don't know if it makes a difference but the boot.net I used,
> if I remember rightly, was from sparc/installation/netboot
> directory and not the one in the base.tgz set.
> Worth a try ???

cmp(1) says they are the same. Just to be sure I tried to boot it.
Alas, same problem.

> However it looks like the boot.net is working and it's
> the kernel load that is failing.?
> So check what Andrey is saying about the daemons.

I will do this tomorrow (I'm in Europe). But I do not see any
bootparam or other packets on the network. And L1-A does not
work. It looks like the machine is completely dead after starting
boot.net.

I get as far as this:
Testing
Initializing memory
Booting from le(0,0,0)netbsd
13c00 >> NetBSD/sparc Secondary Boot, Revision 1.8
>> (toddpw@threepio.toddpw.net, Fri Mar 03 17:51:31 PST 2000)

No "Booting netbsd" with this image!

Should 12 MB memory be enough? I have 12x1. I removed the 4x4 I
also have because I saw some references about problems with
4 MB SIMMS.

	rvdp