Subject: Re: problem with boot.net and SS1
To: None <Ronald.vanderPol@surfnet.nl>
From: Greywolf <greywolf@starwolf.com>
List: port-sparc
Date: 12/12/2000 21:52:12
On Wed, 13 Dec 2000 Ronald.vanderPol@surfnet.nl wrote:

# Date: Wed, 13 Dec 2000 01:34:00 +0100 (CET)
# From: Ronald.vanderPol@surfnet.nl
# To: "Paul (NCC/CS)" <pts@bom.gov.au>
# Cc: Andrei Petrov <and@genesyslab.com>, port-sparc@netbsd.org
#
# On Wed, 13 Dec 2000, Paul (NCC/CS) wrote:
#
# > I don't know if it makes a difference but the boot.net I used,
# > if I remember rightly, was from sparc/installation/netboot
# > directory and not the one in the base.tgz set.
# > Worth a try ???
#
# cmp(1) says they are the same. Just to be sure I tried to boot it.
# Alas, same problem.
#
# > However it looks like the boot.net is working and it's
# > the kernel load that is failing.?
# > So check what Andrey is saying about the daemons.
#
# I will do this tomorrow (I'm in Europe). But I do not see any
# bootparam or other packets on the network. And L1-A does not
# work. It looks like the machine is completely dead after starting
# boot.net.
#
# I get as far as this:
# Testing
# Initializing memory
# Booting from le(0,0,0)netbsd
# 13c00 >> NetBSD/sparc Secondary Boot, Revision 1.8
# >> (toddpw@threepio.toddpw.net, Fri Mar 03 17:51:31 PST 2000)
#
# No "Booting netbsd" with this image!
#
# Should 12 MB memory be enough? I have 12x1. I removed the 4x4 I
# also have because I saw some references about problems with
# 4 MB SIMMS.

You have sunmon-compat? false, right?

# 	rvdp

				--*greywolf;
--
*BSD: Agnostics in the Platform Religious Wars.