Subject: Re: SunOS4 & serial console
To: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.lip6.fr>
From: Brian Buhrow <buhrow@lothlorien.nfbcal.org>
List: port-sparc
Date: 12/12/2000 13:33:45
	Hello Manuel.  You need to edit /etc/ttytab on the SunOS machine and
disable the console line by changing it to off.
then, enable ttya like this:
ttya	"/usr/etc/getty std.9600" unknown local secure

Now, when you reboot, you should see prom, boot and console messages on the
serial port.  You should also be able to login.  You  may need to change
the terminal settings on your terminal between the time the machine is in
the prom monitor and the time it's booted.  The prom speak n81, and SunOS
speaks e71.
-Brian