Subject: re: Ultra 5+ serial console support in NetBSD/SPARC64 1.5 release
To: None <greywolf@starwolf.com>
From: matthew green <mrg@eterna.com.au>
List: port-sparc
Date: 12/11/2000 15:35:05

   Assuming you can find a kernel that will boot on the beast, yes [I kept
   not being able to find such a kernel, and it started out at 0xf00000000
   or some ungodly high-moby address and it wiped my NVRAM, which I then
   reset].

FWIW, this problem has been fixed, and no one has reported overwritten
NVRAM for months now :-)

   # Or do I have to hook up a cable to the serial port and use it via a remote
   # machine connected to the serial port?

   I wasn't sure that even THAT worked right yet.

serial console on the U5 has worked since before the U5 was capable of
reading disks....

.mrg.