Subject: Re: esp/fas
To: None <eeh@netbsd.org>
From: Andrei Petrov <and@genesyslab.com>
List: port-sparc
Date: 12/08/2000 16:40:29
On 8 Dec 2000 eeh@netbsd.org wrote:

> What you can do is turn off DMA completely and only use the
> fifo.  Remember that the fifo is 16-bits wide.  ISTR that
> when it's not running in wide mode you need to skip every
> alternate byte in the fifo....

I'll take it in account, meanwhile I suppressed  TUR and tried
INQUIRY command, it went pretty much thru all phases but with dma
screw-up. dma stopped working after that. I was advised to use
dma reset after every transfer and I'm going to try that. But after
weekend.

> 	I made driver pretty verbose, can it cause problems? Like extra
> 	delays. I have to check.
>
> Extra delays should not cause any problems.  One thing to
Tested this, no difference, good!

> keep in mind is that I recently added code for TAG QUEUEs
> support.  This will probably cause problems when you try
> to merge your changes back in to the tree.

I noticed that, can't think of that now. I don't beleive it will
merge automatically, I tried to control my changes but now more
concentrated on how to just get it working first.

> Eduardo

Later,
	Andrey