Subject: Re: esp/fas
To: None <and@genesyslab.com, bouyer@antioche.lip6.fr, eeh@netbsd.org>
From: None <eeh@netbsd.org>
List: port-sparc
Date: 12/08/2000 22:22:51
	On Fri, 8 Dec 2000, Andrei Petrov wrote:

	> I tried to turn on all parity checks and disabled disconnect
	> feature in IDENTIFY message. Now I'm getting SCSI parity error
	> after first byte is sent to device. I tried to play with different
	> config registers settings, no diffrence what so ever(doesn't mean I tried
	> all possible combination, primaraly it was around FASTCLOCK, FASTSCSI).

	I set dma-parity off and now they (controller/disk) exchange messages
	again. But I still see no data in REQUEST_SENSE. And INQUIRY failed
	totally, drive disconnected on step 0 which is selection timeout.

What you can do is turn off DMA completely and only use the
fifo.  Remember that the fifo is 16-bits wide.  ISTR that
when it's not running in wide mode you need to skip every
alternate byte in the fifo....

	I made driver pretty verbose, can it cause problems? Like extra
	delays. I have to check.

Extra delays should not cause any problems.  One thing to
keep in mind is that I recently added code for TAG QUEUEs
support.  This will probably cause problems when you try
to merge your changes back in to the tree.

Eduardo